Position Title: Director – Revenue Cycle Management Client Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Type of Position: Full-time
Department Name: Operations
Reports To: VP of Operations
Direct Reports: Revenue Cycle Management Managers
The Director – Revenue Cycle Management Client Management is responsible for coordinating all aspects of customer service to ALTRUIS clients to ensure ALTRUIS efficiently and effectively communicates results of revenue cycle management services, manages and meets client expectations, and enhances the ALTRUIS client relationship.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Works directly with the Director – Revenue Cycle Management Operations to understand the issues Altruis faces in delivering best in class revenue cycle management services to its clients (accurate and compliant charge capture, claim/rejection/denial management, payment posting and reconciliation functions), and oversees assigned ALTRUIS revenue cycle team members.
- Communicates recommendations for improvement to clients in the areas of credentialing, eligibility, coding and other facets of the revenue cycle management process.
- Coordinates with other ALTRUIS resources to assist in training and other client needs.
- Identifies potential additional ALTRUIS services to enhance client revenue and expand the capabilities of clients to support their mission.
- Define and provide the necessary support and leadership to achieve departmental and system goals.
- Serve as the primary contact for clients and team members.
- Communicate directly with the client(s) to resolve issues or solve problems.
- Coordinate with Director – Revenue Cycle Management Operations to ensure all work is being completed on time and to final stage for reimbursement.
- Ensure quality control over work being done on client accounts and ensure rules are updated and put in place and teams are trained as needed.
- Prepare and analyze client reports.
- Lead and/or participate in monthly client meetings and travel to client locations regularly.
- Research and troubleshoot audits and documents accordingly.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Proactively identify opportunities for revenue cycle improvement.
- Participate in developing plans for Operations Department, including development of Key Performance Indicators and measurement against goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent management and operational skills.
- Excellent customer service/client management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency at delivering difficult news and managing client expectations.
- Proficiency with one or more practice management/billing/clearinghouse systems.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, high volumes and multiple interruptions.
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions as well as the ability to collaborate effectively to make decisions with other leaders.
- Ability to cooperate and work with others.
- Ability to solve problems associated with assigned tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, & Excel).
- Demonstrated success in increased leadership roles in the revenue cycle management industry.
- Eight (8) to Twelve (12) years’ of revenue cycle management experience, with at least five (5) years in management roles including client management duties.
- Experience across multiple practice management systems, clearinghouses, and payers strongly preferred.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Management, Accounting, Finance, Health Information Management, Healthcare Administration, or Business Administration.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years’ of relevant work experience in revenue cycle management may be substituted for degree.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Frequently remains in a sitting position at a desk to perform duties.
- Frequently communicates with co-workers, customers, and contractors/vendors in person, on the telephone, and on the computer.
- Frequently works in a well-lit room.
- Frequently views the computer to perform duties.
- Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands for documentation and communication.
- Occasionally stoops, bends, or kneels.
- Occasionally exposed to outside elements when traveling for business.
- Occasionally required to push and/or pull objects.
- Occasionally lifts and/or carries objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Competitive salary and incentive bonus commensurate with experience along with Fortune 500 level benefits.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.