Position Title: Customer Service Representative
FLSA Status: Hourly
Type of Position: Full-time
Department Name: Customer Service
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing effective customer service for patients and centers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of revenue cycle management and programs as well as communicating effectively with team members within the customer service department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Listen and respond to patient’s needs and concerns.
- Able to answer and resolve a volume of over 50 incoming calls from patients daily.
- Review or make changes to patient’s accounts.
- Handle complaints.
- Record details of customer contacts and actions taken.
- Research answers or solutions as needed.
- Perform insurance verification to determine coverage and benefit eligibility of patient.
- Respond promptly to inquiries, concerns and problems related to billing.
- Maintain a positive dialogue and collaborative working environment.
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Preferred knowledge of medical terminology, documentation standards, and third party billing.
- An overall knowledge of functions & activities of medical offices/hospitals.
- An understanding of compliance, skill in researching and resolving problems and issues.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and practice management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members, management and other teams within the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Adherence to strict confidentiality.
- Able to plan, analyze and prioritize workload.
- Meet deadlines and function independently.
- Able to work remotely and be independent.
- Ability to perform position responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Three (3) to Seven (7) years’ experience in medical field, preferably in customer service.
- Experience across multiple practice management systems, Intergy experience strongly preferred.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Frequently remains in a sitting position at a desk to perform duties.
- Frequently communicates with co-workers, customers, and contractors/vendors in person, on the telephone, and on the computer.
- Frequently works in a well-lit room.
- Frequently views the computer to perform duties.
- Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands for documentation and communication.
- Occasionally stoops, bends, or kneels.
- Occasionally exposed to outside elements when traveling for business.
- Occasionally required to push and/or pull objects.
- Occasionally lifts and/or carries objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Competitive salary and incentive bonus commensurate with experience along with Fortune 500 level benefits.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com.